Monday, April 22, 2019

40 before 40!

I recently read about a girlfriend doing a "30 Before 30!" challenge. I am inspired.  I am also more motivated through the mundane day-to-day with goals and future experiences in sight... and unemployed, needing something to fill my time while I'm waiting for a sub job to call.  I'm 35.5 and ready to go!

In no particular order, but preferably as free as possible:

  1. Run a half-marathon
  2. Solo backpack a multi-day trip
  3. Backpack a multi-week trip
  4. Ski a volcano
  5. Ski a glacier!
  6. Make Brooks a quilt
  7. Make Dad a quilt
  8. Make myself a quilt
  9. Ski at least once a month every month until my 40th birthday 
  10. Attend a yoga workshop
  11. Attend a meditation workshop
  12. Volunteer at something besides school
  13. Cross country ski trip in the Methow Valley
  14. Hike off trail in North Cascades--Pasayten Wilderness maybe?
  15. Hike Mt. Adams
  16. Go on a ski trip with just ladies
  17. Go on a backpack trip with just ladies
  18. Packraft in Washington
  19. Do a trip on Alaskan peninsula
  20. Learn how to stand up paddleboard
  21. Lead Brooks on a ski trip, where I find the beta and set the skin track
  22. View the Monarch Migration, preferably from Michoacan!
  23. Grow a spice garden (rosemary, thyme, dill, etc)
  24. Learn more about birds in the Seattle area and be able to identify something. Anything.
  25. Go on a mountain bike ride
  26. Do a multi-day bicycle trip
  27. Not spend a $ outside of groceries/gas for a month.
  28. Do a bike trip
  29. Read a book that changes the way I look at the world
  30. Become a Google Level 2 Certified Educator (already Level 1!)
  31. Bake a pie from scratch, including the crust
  32. Take a ski lesson every year to continue to improve
  33. Attend a reading/lecture by a published author that inspires me
  34. Learn to skate ski
  35. Learn to fly fish
  36. Learn to use a bbq to make great meals--preferably venison and veggies
  37. Re-frame the Alaskan Huong prints Mom gave me and hang them 
  38. Take an AIARE Avalanche Rescue Class
  39. Take an AIARE Level 2 Course
  40. Do a hut-to-hut trip, preferably skiing!
To keep myself accountable, I'll do a write-up each time I check one of these babies off! I have a lot to do in the next 4.5 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment